Monday, July 28, 2008

Little Challenge

I did a little challenge to my self yesterday. My goal was to do all of my August cards in one sitting, which is total of 8 cards.

rules were:
1. to use one color from my textured stampin card stocks (the one that I don't really care for) as the base card.
2. one stampin up textured paper that I really love (green) and a choice of black or white textured paper.
3. set of one spellbinders.
4. create all 8 cards using all of the above items without repeating the same layout.



I didn't get all 8 done, but I managed to do 6.
The fellas were done a while back. I did the piecing technique and they were a lot of work. It was a good thing I did some extras.


Not really happy with my sponging job here. It was hard sponging while keeping the die in place. If only I have a compressor and sketch copic markers to do this job {{wink wink}} I think it would of been alot better and easier.


I used to hate using my spellbinders with my cuttlebug. But look at me now!!! I hated it because it was to hard to line them up (I like to stamp and color then cut) Somebody probably figured this out already somewhere out there. You know how you have your A plate/C plate/die (face up)/paper/B plate (cutting plate) then run it through your bug? Well.... it was really hard lining up the die and the picture inside, then FLIP IT OVER without moving or shifting it around. So... now I do A plate/ B plate (cutting plate)/paper/die/C plate and voila!!! you can actually see what you are cutting.

I thought my little challenge would be hard, but it was quite easy actually. I got the idea from Shelley's blog, her mom made some cards that were the same color combo but different layout. Thanks Penny.

thanks for bloggin' by!

No comments: